Eccl 4:12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
- Marriage was the first institution ordained by God, before the family, government & even the Church.
- Marriage is the event that God has selected to consummate the end of the ages, with the marriage supper of the Lamb. Rev 19:7
- Jesus performed His first miracle at a wedding, not by coincidence. John 2
- Marriage depicts the supernatural union between Jesus & His Church. Eph 5 and is to be honoured by all Heb 13:4
- Marriage is much more than a ceremony (an event)- it is a life time commitment to ” leave, cleave, weave” two lives in & together with the Lord.
- Marriage is not an end in itself ; it is to fulfil God’s purpose in building His Church.
- Marriage is intended to be a lifetime commitment to discover the beauty & wonder of the gift God gave you on your wedding day.
- Marriage is God’s refining process to help you become more like Jesus. Your partner does not make you sin. They simply reveal what’s already in your heart. You may not appreciate it, but one of the best wedding gifts God gave you was a full-length mirror called your spouse. Had there been a card attached, it would have said, “Here’s to helping you discover what you’re really like”.
- There is no such thing as a perfect marriage! How can two imperfect people make a perfect marriage! BUT Two imperfect people yielded to God’s Grace can enjoy a GREAT MARRIAGE.
Let me help you find out how you can have a great marriage. As a Marriage Officer and Wedding Officiant, I have conducted more than 400 weddings, where happy brides and grooms have those two beautiful words “I do”.