Menu Close


The South African Department of Home Affairs have strict rules as to
what documents are need to ensure your wedding is registered.
As a Registered Marriage Officer I abide to this set of rules and requirements.
  • From both Bride and Groom, I need:
    • South African ID books / cards
    • 3 x passport-size photos of each of you
    • a letter from your Attorney, if a pre-nup has been signed
  • If either is divorced, I need: A copy of the Divorce Certificate.
  • If either is widowed, I need: A copy of the Death Certificate.
  • From your two witnesses, I need:
    • a clear copy of their South African ID books / cards.
  • At the Wedding, after signing the Marriage Register, I will give you your Marriage Certificate.

Contact me if you have any questions about this.